I was just looking back at last year's "resolutions". Wow, a little on the lame side if I say so myself! I blew that crap out of the water.
2013 was an amazing year!
- January: I was a P90x queen - beefy
- February: I turned the glorious 33 and we had a ton of fun playing in all of the snow
- March: I was probably trying to do a lot of running
- April: I rejoined a gym and started lifting again! I was prepping for the fitness show and having amazing weekend long runs.
- May: Ran the furthest I had ever run in my life for a single run and it was GLORIOUS. I also competed in this little fitness competition and felt amazing.
- June: I ran my 1st ever half marathon and realized just how hard it was. I also started up FemCity KC. I can't forget about the Journey group that was established here either.
- July: I thoroughly enjoyed summer and had an awesome vacation with friends and family.
- August: Hood to Coast - my first ever relay race. It was amazing!!!
- September: Cheered on the cross country kids
- October: My body was still fighting to find its new normal. Had a great Halloween.
- November: Organized a little 5k get together to benefit LLS. Had a great Thanksgiving.
- December: Took a break! Took it easy on myself and didn't let the normal guilt of failing at every single thing linger in. Had an amazing Christmas!
I ran some 5k's in there, got a new dog, had good and bad parenting and wife moments, loved, got mad, got over it, ate really healthy and really bad and I lived life!
I also saw that I posted this and thought it needed an update from last year.
The boys wanted to share theirs (new year's resolutions):
Wyatt (6) now 7:
- Stop playing so much Spiderman - Now it is games of all sorts
- Focus at school - Now - kicking butt at school
- Only have 1 girlfriend - Is now embarrassed to talk about girls
- Stop mooning my mom - This has thankfully stopped!
- Stop peeing all over and leaving that pee pool down at the base of the toilet - Still happening!
- brush his teeth every night
- lose some teeth
- recognize when he is too tired
- be grateful for gifts
Waylon (4) now 5:
- Stop inappropriately pulling my pants down - This has stopped!
- Stop saying "balls" so much - Now, it's nuts
- Cut out the cussing - Now - doing a lot better
- Stop peeing all over the side of the toilet - Still happening
- Learn to wipe my own butt - Now - it's a mix - he doesn't yell at me anymore, let's just leave it at that
- To not be embarrassed for the silly, awesome guy he is
- Hug mom more
- Keep kicking butt at school and loving it
- Get better at the last one above
Weston (23 months) now almost 3:
- Take it easy on the meds - Now, needs to take it easy from jumping off of stuff
- Sing more - Now, sings a lot - Jingle Bells jinglalltheway - very nasaly and as all 1 word - I love it
- Say "jus a minute" more because my mom thinks it is adorable - Not so cute anymore
- Stop throwing my food all over the floor when I'm done - still doing it
- stop asking mommy to powder my butt every "biper" change. Now, begs for powder and NEEDS it!
- Stop cussing
- Bring the sweet back
- Get rid of the diapers
- Stop jumping off of high things
- Leave my butt alone
So for myself - I don't have any specific goals right now. I want to not be so rigid. I want to go by the seat of my pants and be ok with it. I want to significantly reduce the amount of stress I feel. I want to not lose my temper so much. I want to laugh even more and let that be the norm. I want my house being out of order to not stress me out. I want to just be able to do as much as I can and give myself a break from what I can't. I want to be OK with IT. All of IT! But I still want to move on, move up, move IT! I will continue my journey to the best me and all of this stuff gets me there. Oh, and I want my butt in check by bikini time. Squats, lunges, step-ups, and running will be my best friends!
Happy 2014 everybody.