Monday, December 12, 2011

Meet Trucker

Meet the newest member of our family.  The boys named him "Trucker".  I was really surprised by the name they picked.  Their grandpa was a trucker and it runs thick in the Sharp family.  Dale actually has his dad's truck now in hopes to be driving this summer.  Anyway, it kind of meant a lot as we lost Dale's dad this Spring. 

I have to be honest though, when I dreamt of bringing the Elf on the Shelf to our house I thought of awesome ideas and ways to really make this special.  I have yet to do anything special with him beyond moving him to different locations.  I have really let myself down.  I am hoping to pick up my game this week and going forward.  We will see. Maybe if I get really creative I will share his adventures. 


One of the first spots Trucker loved was up on top of our armour in the living room that houses our computer.  The boys loved this spot too.  It didn't take them long to spot him, which surprised me. 


Some places Trucker really likes and he comes back from the North Pole and ends up in exactly the same place he landed the night before. 


Trucker's favorite spot so far has been laying down in between two pictures hanging on the wall.  I don't have that picture available right now, but you will see it soon.  This has been the boys favorite spots as well. 

As far as the behavior goes with Trucker watching... not going so well.  Waylon insists Trucker can't see him if he isn't in the room with him.  The boy is too smart for his own good.  Wyatt is depressed that Trucker hasn't brought any presents back for him yet as he has for his cousin (because his cousin's present is wrapped under the tree with no bow because Weston keeps ripping it off.)


Gigi has a great linky going on over at her spot.  Some of these ideas are great!  If you have an elf go check it out, or even if you don't.


1 comment:

  1. um, don't even worry about him doing crazy things. Just moving him is enough to worry about. My kids are SO into the elf. I'll do these (regular things) after they are in bed and in the morning they're all "Joe Did it!!" heh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails