Monday, January 11, 2010

HEADACHE!

I have one of those headaches! I am doing my best to relax so this thing doesn’t turn into a migraine, but the mere thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. I dreamt about this headache last night. I know exactly what it is from. Although, I have felt like I have handled the last week or so smoothly on the emotional front, the stress is getting to me and building. I borrowed my mom’s car last night and the battery was dead, so a lot of work to get it going again for this morning. My dream was about stress. I couldn’t remember anything specifically, but I do remember thinking (saying to myself while in my dream) please don’t let this turn into a migraine, please don’t let my alarm go off. I remember feeling sick to my stomach in my dream as I have all morning, no I’m not pregnant. I hardly ever sleep with blankets over my head, but this morning I woke up with them that way. I guess I didn’t rest very easy!

As I came into work I had some emails waiting for me, of course they spoke to me and of course I am trying to talk myself into obeying and surrendering. Why does that have to be so hard? I am almost ashamed to post about my stress because I honestly have a great life and there are so many others out there that are living through unthinkable things, but this is on my mind and one thing that helps a ton is getting it off of my mind.

Maybe this will speak to you as well:

January 9, 2010 - Worship: The barrier of pride - Daily Hope

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5 (NLT)
Life is a struggle, but what most people don't realize is that our struggle, like Jacob's, is really with God! We want to be God, and there's no way we're going to win that struggle, but we try anyway.
A.W. Tozer said, "The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven't yet come to the end of themselves. We're still trying to give orders, and interfering with God's work within us."
We aren't God, and we never will be. We're humans, and the times when we try to be God are the times we end up most like Satan, who tried to be equal with God, too.
We accept our humanity intellectually, but not emotionally. We give mental assent to the idea, but when faced with our own limitations, we react with irritation, anger, and resentment. We want to be taller (or shorter), smarter, stronger, more talented, beautiful, and wealthy.
We want to have it all and do it all, and become upset when it doesn't happen. Then, when we notice God gave others characteristics we don't have, we respond with envy, jealousy, and self-pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails