Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, and today, October 15th in particular, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Won't you please take a moment to pray for families all over the world who have experienced/are experiencing the loss of a child in some way. This is a very difficult thing to go through. I have been through the experience personally and have been a resource for some close to me who have also experienced a miscarriage as I have mentioned below. IT IS THE WORST THING I HAVE GONE THROUGH in my short life. Love and support, hugs, an offer for prayer, calling, emailing, just being by my side, asking questions, listening - those are the things that lifted me up. Knowing someone cared enough to call or email or just hug me as I walked in the door - those are the things that mattered to me. You don't have to try to make them feel better, or offer some sort of reasoning, or worry about saying the right thing, or be afraid to see some tears. Just let them know you care, don't ignore it, don't act like you can't say anything to them, don't avoid them. And please remember not only the mommies, but the daddies, and the grandparents, and aunts, and uncles - they hurt too.

Say a prayer for those families today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails