I’ve never done a cleanse before so I wanted to give it a shot and see what it was all about. So far I’ve found it’s about headaches, an aura migraine specifically, up and down emotions, hunger, anxiety and a little like drinking the sand you scooped off the beach right where the tide hits the smooth, heavy, thick part of the sand with all sorts of bits of grit and crushed shell mixed in. Throw some seaweed in there too for extra taste and texture.
Needless to say, I gagged. Several times I have gagged, but it got better. This is good for me, right?!
• Get dressed in my fav workout clothes – Hair up, shoes on
• Hit the kitchen for a glass of water
• Sabotage my workout time by looking at Facebook or Instagram – sometimes
• Hit the living room floor for a little Insanity or Ab Ripper X – whatever I’m feeling like that day
• Hit the road for a run into town (Yes, it is dark)
• Grab something quick to eat
• And hurry like hell to get ready and get Weston dressed to get out the door at the max 20 minutes late. (Thank God Dale handles helping the other 2 out of bed!)
My 1st mile is usually slow and I hate it and ask a million times why I do it. My butt feels tight and my breathing gets fast quickly. And I pray to God I don’t get sprayed by a skunk or step on a snake.
- Lord, keep me strong. Keep me safe (repeat)
- Yes Lord, yes lord, yes, yes, lord
- Strong quads, strong hammies, strong legs - when my stomach got tight or my breathing didn’t get deep enough. My legs always feel strong so I try to shift my focus and have them be the focus to distract my mind from what is hurting.
- Then I told myself that I’m doing this to be strong. Every step stronger than the last. Christian, Mom, Wife, Christian, Mom, Wife. That’s what brought me home.
I might be looking for a running partner soon, whether it is a borrowed dog, or something else. Maybe a can of mace or maybe something that looks like meth that I can throw in one direction and run in the other, I don’t know! What's meth look like? Maybe I'll just borrow a dog! Any other crazies out there want to join me at 4:45 for a kick ass way to start your day?
PS - Waylon always says "woof" instead of "with" I think it is adorable and don't plan to correct him anytime soon. (Reason for the title. I thought it was clever even though you probably wouldn't have gotten it without the explanation. I didn't promise knock your socks off blogging today did I?)