- I have been working out and not because it is my New Year's resolution. I don't make those.
- Not because I think I need to lose weight.
- Not because anyone made me feel low about myself.
- Not because I just had a kid. How long can you really use the word "just"?
- Not because I have 3 kids. Ok, maybe it is because I have 3 kids and maybe it is because they are all boys and I will be the weakest one in the house someday.
- I work out because I like feeling strong, firm, and tone.
- I like being confident with the way I look. I need a lot in the confident department. It wasn't a strong area when I was growing up. Some may argue that point, but I know how I felt on the inside.
- I work out because it makes me feel so much better. I don't know how long I will feel young, but I want to take advantage of it when I still have my youth.
- I work out because I want to look good in a bathing suit and have a firm stomach.
- I work out because I don't like to see dimples of any sort on my butt or thighs.
- I work out because it gives me energy and makes me feel a tad bit special because not many people do it. There I said it. Don't we all like to feel just a little bit special?
- I work out because a couple of weeks ago we moved some furniture and I couldn't do what I used to be able to do. Then I smashed my hand, quit leaving Dale to move it himself, and I ended up with a migraine. Dale graciously pointed out that I couldn't do what I used to do. He was right.
- I work out because I have little boy's butts to kick. They won't be running over their momma anytime soon (once I stop being so sore)
- I work out because a lot of people have been encouraging me lately and not even knowing it.
- I work out because it gives me just a little bit of a high to push through when I don't think I can. I need that in life.
I don't know how long it is going to last. I don't know if I will continue to set my alarm at 5am every morning which is really 4:45am. But it is happening now. I am able to roll out of bed with no complaints, throw my sports bra and shoes on and get after it. I have more energy. I feel good. I get more done. I'm more conscious about what foods I am putting in my body and it feels good to be taking care of myself.
And I work out because soon I want to say, "I'm sexy and I know it!"