Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Everyone else has their cute little pumpkin patch/fall pictures up. I am feeling a little behind. We did make it to the pumpkin patch last Sunday. It was a beautiful day!!! We couldn't ask for a better one. 

This was their 2nd trip to a pumpkin patch this year.  My mom took them one day when I was working.  It was a great time for all of them, but I wanted the experience too, call me selfish!

Waylon has been saying that he wants to ride a horse for weeks now and he finally got his chance.  Well, it was a pony, but no difference to him.  Wyatt was super excited to ride one as well!




These little horse shoes were their tickets.  I thought it was a pretty cute idea and the boys loved them too.


This guy was great!  He was telling Wyatt how excited he looks. 


I love the stage Wyatt is in right now, where he isn't afraid to talk to people and isn't snubbing everyone that tries to talk to him. 


Look at that excitement!



There they go.




 The one in the grey shirt?  Yeah, he's hot, I know!


Here is Waylon.  The same guy put his helmet on him and couldn't get over how cute he was.  Waylon hung on for the 1st 3 steps and then had to hold his helmet up.  It was adorable how his little body bobbed uncontrollably when he held on to the saddle horn.  I swore he was going to fall off and I didn't want to coddle him too much, but I broke down because I couldn't take the fear anymore.  I was so torn between letting him be such a big boy and protecting him.  So, we held hands on the rest of his ride.  He didn't seem to mind.  Still a momma's boy!


He loved it and is still talking about it!  That guy in the grey shirt?  I don't know, but he could have been a bit more chipper, slowed down some, and could have quit dragging his untied boots, just sayin!


He was pretty amazed at these things.  I've never really gotten the appeal unless they are used in some pretty fall decorating picture in some magazine.



He sure liked this one though.  I think he was just showing off his little muscles!


The best attempt at a picture together.

We had a great time and they both were such good boys!  I just realized we don't have 1 picture of a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch.  We didn't buy one either!  We bought our huge pumpkins the next day at Wal-Mart for $2.00.  You couldn't even buy a small one for that at the pumpkin patch!  These places must make a killing! 

It is worth the joy on their faces though!

3 comments:

  1. Too funny that you didn't even get a pumpkin there. If it makes ya feel any better, we haven't made it yet either and I'm totally bummin. Hopefully we'll make it soon. We have to!! Soccer, soccer, soccer, and more soccer... it's taking over my life!! And we tried to go last weekend in WI, but they didn't have the pupkin patch open on Friday. UGH. So, I'm still determined...

    Cute pics!! Especially the horse riding ones. Nothing better than the excitement of a child. And I'm glad you are enjoying this stage he's at... then just when you like them they go and start a new one.

    Have a great weekend!
    lish

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't made it yet to the path either (altho the ones here near our town are kinda crummy).

    Your pics are fab and yo u are looking good, mama!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs! Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails