Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I miss these guys

 I miss these guys all day!  I mean all day!  I usually can't wait to pick them up no matter what kind of night we had before or if the morning got off on the wrong foot.  They come sprinting to me yelling mommy and run and jump into my arms.  It's got to be one of the best feelings ever. 

Next the regular questions come rolling out.  "Mommy, can we go to the park today?"  "Mommy, when we get home can I play on the trailer?" "Mommy, park d day?"  "Mommy, when we get home can we watch a movie?" "Mommy, when we get home can I play the Wii?" "Mommy, eeee too?"

I love my time with these boys.  I love how excited they are to see me and I love the sweetness in their voice. 

And then it starts....

"How was your day today, guys?"  "Did you do anything really fun?"  "Wyatt, did Waylon sit in timeout today?"  That has been a joke since Waylon is "too little for timeout", but the answer is changing! 

Last night the answer was given with big eyes and pointed fingers.  "Yes, he sat in timeout because he was hitting me."  I believe every word, Waylon can let his temper get the best of him and he doesn't care how big you are.  I wonder where he gets that from?!

Waylon being the quick little learner he is follows up by saying, "No, Wyatt diii it."

And we're off.  The finger pointing, the blaming, the laughter, the yelling! It is all kicked off right there.  It is cute now, but I have a feeling this might get a little old fast!  Waylon is just too dang cute with his finger pointing the way it does and his, "Wyatt diii it."  Then he follows it up with that look of, "Come on, Mommy, you know I am way too cute not to get away with it."  And he has got the look MASTERED!


Just a side note, I was filling up with gas when the majority of this was happening.  My car was not in motion!  Just in case you were wondering.


So that's what I come home to and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I love these guys to pieces and I am so excited to see what this new little guy is going to throw into the mix.  We have a lot of love in our hearts right now, it is so hard to imagine squeezing another ounce out, but I know we all have it coming.  Our hearts are getting ready to grow.  And WE ARE ALL truly excited about it!

Speaking of which, Wyatt was up a little early this morning and came to watch the morning news (yeah, he's cool like that) in our bed.  I heard him call out my name as I was getting ready in the bathroom...

"Mommy?"
"Yeah, Sweetie?"
"Did you get that baby out yet?"
"Nope, buddy, not yet!"
I couldn't help but laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails