Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thank you Linus

Charlie Brown Christmas was on again last night. Wyatt seems to love it. It is easy to get wrapped up in the stress of the season and lose the true meaning. Thank God they still air a show like this to remind us all what the season truly is about.

Christmas when I was young was such an exciting time. They almost always included my grandparents on my dad's side. Grandma made THE BEST cookies and fudge. She would make it every year. We couldn't wait for them to get to our house with Heather, their dog. I miss them so much and the holidays seem to always keep their memory fresh in my mind. I really wish the boys had a chance to meet them. They would beam with pride seeing their great grandsons. I always loved Christmas mainly because of them and getting to spend time with them. Over the years it is easy to lose that feeling that Christmas can provide. That is until you get to see it in the face of your own kids.

Wyatt is really starting to get the whole Christmas experience. His eyes light up when we talk about it not just because of the presents but because of the feeling of it all. Last night it was calmly snowing and Wyatt ran to the sliding door and flipped the outside light on so he could see it. I can't describe the look on his face, but it was a moment to remember. I remember feeling like that when I was little. It was the best time of the year, that is saying a lot because I am not a lover of the cold weather! But, I love snow and how it looks falling and covering the ground and everything around it. The feeling of Christmas goes right along with it. Seeing it in the eyes of your child brings that feeling back even stronger than it ever was before.

Season's Greetings everyone!

Linus Van Pelt: "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. I'm so thankful for that overwhelming warm feeling when we see that magic in our kids eyes. It does our souls good.

    Last year we were at the store and B was looking at santa, penguins and snowmen on Christmas cards and was getting excited and he screamed "Mom! Mom! They have Joseph and Mary here!!!" It made me so happy. I will say it gets harder each year to keep them closer to the real meaning as their want for toys grow!

    Merry Christmas season to you and your family Tayarra!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails