Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A weekend of celebrating

"How was your weekend?"
I think this face sums it up perfectly. 


We celebrated our freedom and the beautiful weather and my 1st born's birthday. 


I tried to explain what freedom meant to a 5 and 3 year old.  Didn't go so well.  I'm sure I mentioned guns early on in the convo because that is what they relate to, but I'm sure I also lost them at that point because they were too busy thinking any of the following random thoughts:

I wonder how their guns sound
Were they long guns or short guns
I wonder if they had real bullets
I bet they had to be 18 to use those because that's what the sticker says
I better ask mom again if we can go to the store today to buy that cop gun
It would sound like a machine gun like this stldstldstldstldstldstldstld  stldstldstld   stldstldstld


For real, I'm sure they thought that.

 Moving on...



We celebrated Wyatt.  We had more people turn out than we expected.  The more the merrier, right?  Always!  So our little slide was packed by 2:30pm.  The day was perfect.  And the homemade ice cream sandwiches I made (thanks to the inspiration of AllParenting on Facebook, look them up and like them.  Great tips!  Plus, one of the writers is a blog friend) killer!

Isn't Weston adorable scaling that slide above?  He had the biggest grin on his face when he figured out he could do it just like the big boys. 

No time for breakfast or changing our clothes, there's a humongous slide in our yard!

It was so much fun.  Friends came from near and far and there was plenty of family to share laughs with. 


Everyone was tired and filthy at the end of the day. 

Side note:  We didn't tell Weston to cover his junk that's just his normal standing while naked position.

These boys will hopefully be friends for life, more like cousins, really.

We spent Sunday saying goodbye to friends and spending time with family, fishing, and getting chiggers

Monday, well, that's a whole 'nother story blog post.


To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. What fun that looked. I'm loving the diaper down the slide...priceless.
    Even all the limbs stuffed into a hot tub!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails