Monday, December 19, 2011

Five Stockings

Christmas is surely one of my favorite times of the year.  I don't like the shopping or the chaos.  What I love about it is the feeling in my heart this time of year brings.  A feeling of wanting to do for others.  For celebrating the reason.  For the joy it holds and the glow and warmth it shows.  For the magic it brings to our home. 

Each time I glance at this mantel I find myself a little shocked.  Shocked because it looks so full.  Shocked because there seems to be a lot of stockings up there.   It seems silly, but then I realize that is us.  That is our family.  Hanging there sometimes imperfectly.  Sometimes waiting for someone to come straighten us up. 


Five stockings hung carefully waiting to be filled.  Five stockings with just the right amount of space. 


Five stockings preparing for their purpose. 

It's crazy to think that just these five stockings is what I need to give me a dose of reality between the whines, the cries, the yelling, jumping, destroying, and fighting.  They are all I need to take a deep breath and realize where we are is where we want to be and we are completely blessed to be here.  They smooth the edges to all the rough stuff that makes up a day and allows for a lot more room to snuggle, hug, and kiss the little guys around here more often.

5 comments:

  1. That is why I love Christmas too! You said it so beautifully. This is such a warm feeling time of year, even when it is chilly outside. Your stockings are gorgeous. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas. And that's all I have to say about that. Did you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words, about a beautiful love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails